Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One Week In

Well its been a full week. I started teaching full time on Thursday and it is actually quite easy. There are only 2-4 students in each of my class. Quite a change from my placements in high school classes with about 26 students! The kids are really cute and the call me Olivia Teacher. I really am enjoying teaching them.

There are only 4 teachers here including me. There are about 15 teachers at our sister school so we went out with them on Friday. We went to a North American style bar and the bartenders were throwing around their bottles of alcohol and there were flames involved and a tower of flaming cups precariously stacked. It was really neat. The waitress came up to me and asked my name... so I told her... and she said nothing so I asked her name... and she told me... then she says that the Korean men sitting over there think that you are beautiful. She then went over and told them my name so for the rest of the night anytime I walked by them I heard O-Lee-Vee-A.

Living wise... well mosquitoes... mosquitoes... mosquitoes!! I don't see many in my apartment but my body appears to be covered in bites when I wake up in the morning. So my mosquito net finally arrived yesterday and I attempted to put it up myself but I decided I really needed some help... so tonight another teacher here is going to help me.

Food has been good. I have tried many new things and I actually cooked something for myself...

I finally got my shower working. It turns out that someone had turned my gas off outside the apartment so I am not incompetent and could not have solved that problem myself.

Another new teacher arrived from Canada last night so I am excited to be working with another girl... Prior to her arrival it was all men!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia
    I found the blog through Google so I don't have to wait to get someone to send the link. It sounds like you are coping quite well!! Watch out for those boys because you are beautiful and smart too and they will all be after you.
    Love you lots.
    Aunt Liz.

    ReplyDelete